Stewart Tubular Products has designed our stabbing guides to deliver a balance of strength, durability, weight, and cost. Stabbing Guide features:
- Robust hinge and trigger release areas for greater impact resistance
- Outer shell and urethane size ranges carefully designed so that all sizes are lightweight and easy to use
- Outer shell material and wall thickness dependent on size range, providing the best possible strength to weight ratio
- Adjustable latch mechanism allows for field adjustment to customize the fit. In some cases the adjustment is enough that a unit can be used for multiple sizes or threads.
- Urethane inserts withstand repeated cleaning with solvents and will not swell over time.
- Outer shell will accommodate multiple size ranges of urethane inserts, which can be purchased separately at a greatly reduced cost relative to a complete unit.
- Units are field repairable with parts generally available from local hardware stores, or provided in inexpensive repair kits provided by Stewart Tubular Products.